Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
- Stocks are up around the world, which is a nice thing to wake up to. Crypto prices are down a smidgen, but nothing major.
- There’s FTX-Binance drama afoot, in case that’s your jam.
- On the Twitter beat, in the wake of rehires, Musk is tweaking his work on moderation policies regarding impersonation, verification appears to be on hold and more.
- PhotoRoom raised $19 million, the Unity megadeal is complete, no matter what we thought about it, and Yassir just raised $150 million from Bond. Has Bond been quiet lately? Not sure, but dang, this round was a big one.
- There’s an election tomorrow in America.
And that’s our show! More Wednesday!
Equity drops at 7 a.m. PT every Monday and Wednesday, and at 6 a.m. PT on Fridays, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts. TechCrunch also has a great show on crypto, a show that interviews founders, one that details how our stories come together, and more!