Budget retailer Poundland is to launch eight new stores, relocations and extensions on the same day in a move that creates about 160 jobs.
The stores range from 3,800 sq ft to 18,000 sq ft, offering ranges such as PEP&CO clothing and homeware.
- An extension at Crown Point Shopping Park, Denton, into the next-door furniture unit
- A relocation at Brotherhood Retail Park, Peterborough, into the former Outfit and H&M units
- A relocation to 55 Moyston Street, Llandudno, into the former M&S
- A store at 12 Rainham Shopping Centre, Rainham, in a former Iceland
- A store at Greenbridge Retail Park, Swindon, in a former Argos
- A store at Aylesbury Shopping Park, Aylesbury, in a former Argos
- A new store at 11 Unity Walk, Tipton, in a former Co-op
In total, the sites will have almost 100,000 sq ft of space.
Chief operating officer Austin Cooke said: “This investment in towns and cities up and down the country shows our commitment to bringing shoppers more choice and amazing value just when they need it the most.
“Whether it’s daily essentials at a neighbourhood store or choosing from our PEP&CO seasonal clothing range to make Christmas extra special this year, we’re there to help our customers find ways to cope with the pressures on their budgets.”
The launches will take place on 10 December.