Today’s channel partner & MSP market news involves Dataminr, Datto, Dell, Google Services Partner, Kaseya, Moveworks, Rackspace, RackWare, Redstor, Wipro & more. Sip up.
Credit: Getty Images
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 18, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Rackspace CFO, CEO and Reorganization: Rackspace, the multi-cloud MSP, has hired Mastercard, HP and Aruba Networks veteran Bobby Molu as CFO. Molu arrived a few weeks after Rackspace named Amar Maletira as CEO. The company expects to reorganize its finances into two business units by January 2023. The reorganization could make it easier for Rackspace to sell off company assets in pieces, ChannelE2E believes.
2. Partnership – AI and IT Service Desk Automation: Moveworks and Wipro are partnering to automate customer support and help desk services. The effort includes artificial intelligence (AI) that can automate password resets and other mundane, repetitive service desk tasks.
3. SMB Data Protection: Here are details about Dell’s new PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance.
4. Cloud Backup for MSPs and SMBs: Redstor has introduced Backup for QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
5. Talent – AI and Risk Management: Dataminr has hired Datto veteran John Abbot as chief financial officer. Abbot exited Datto when Kaseya acquired the MSP technology company in mid-2022.
6. Google Cloud Partnership: Data replication and protection provider RackWare is now a Google Services Partner and a Google Build Partner.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2022 (November 28-December 2, Las Vegas)
- Marketopia GrowCon 2022 (December 12-14, Florida)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- NRF 2023 – Retail’s Big Show (January 15-17, New York)
- NerdioCon 2023 MSP Conference (February 27-March 2, Cancun, Mexico)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.